In which I attempt to alter a sleeveless tank

While thrifting a few weeks ago, I ran across a stylish animal print sleeveless tank.

It was an XXL and I usually wear a medium, but I tried it on anyway.

It fit around the neck and sleeves, but was too big in the sides.

So, I got out my trusty sewing machine. I figured that taking in the sides would be an easy alteration. And even if it didn’t work out, I was only out $3.

Here’s how I did it.

I started off by grabbing another tank in my closet that fit well and used that as a make-shift pattern.

Next, I cut the side seams open:

Then I just pinned and stitched up the sides:

Cut off the excess…


And it’s done!

It was super easy to do, even though the fabric had a bit of a stretch to it. So now I have a cute tank to wear by itself in warm weather – or under a jacket in cooler weather.

I swear that animal print is a neutral!

Advertisements
Published in: on September 13, 2011 at 5:30 am  Leave a Comment  
Tags: , ,

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://makeminevintage.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/in-which-i-attempt-to-alter-a-sleeveless-tank/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: